ITS WINTER TIME!
Don’t you just hate it when you get the flu or a cold?
I have made a list of TEN WAYS to prevent germs from making your winter miserable.
Let’s call it the “winter survival strategy” – hope it helps!
1. Wash away germs before they get a chance to get comfortable – hand washing is essential after shaking hands, touching pets and public areas like counters, door handles and elevator buttons. (Capetonians you can stock up on waterless hand sanitizer 😉
2. Rest enough. If you are tired and you are getting too little sleep, you are unable to fight bugs as effectively.
3. A healthy diet supports your immune system. You are what you eat!
4. Regular workouts boost your immune system and increases your happy hormones 🙂
5. Stay away from sick people – yes, you are allowed to avoid someone who is sniffling and sneezing and coughing – Rather postpone that coffee date until after the germs have departed.
6. When you use a tissue dispose of it immediately. And wash your hands after nose-blowing.
7. When you sneeze, sneeze into the crook of your elbow – it prevents your hands from carrying germs onto other surfaces and other people!
8. Wipe off your cellphone, and use an easy to clean purse and handbag – placing phones, purses and bags onto communal surfaces creates opportunity for germs to travel onto your hands.
9. Stop smoking. Smoking destroys the security system in our airways (smoking paralyses the microscopic hairs that act as a buffer to dirt and germs).
10. Avoid touching your face if you have not washed your hands! Germs can get trapped under nails and when you touch your face they are escorted onto your skin.
let’s keep those germs away